Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Contributing to the Delinquency of the World


This morning I woke up afraid. Afraid that I was contributing to the delinquency of the world. Afraid that by writing these blogs I was somehow encouraging thirty-five year old men to remain in their parents' basements eating Cheetos and trying to learn the nuances of Elvish as they modify the light saber they bought on Ebay. Afraid that there are little kids out there who are getting obese reading my blog instead of playing outside in the fresh air. Afraid that the world just got a little stupider because of my contribution. Afraid. For twenty four years I've prided myself on the fact that I contribute to what is good, virtuous, and desirable in this world. But now, I look in the mirror and wonder what I've become. A blogger. A faceless website pouring my refuse into the polluted hyperspace stream. I could blog about anything I want, and I chose to communicate the convoluted thoughts of my inner mind. What does that say about me? It says I'm a contributor. I'm contributing to the delinquency of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home